- Always carefully detangle your wig units be very gently and careful with a Wide Tooth comb. It is better to detangle on a mannequin head Before shampooing.
- Before shampooing. Be very careful and gently when detailing. Don't forget to comb from ends to roots first when detangling hair.
- Prepare cleaning tool, a big bowler near a sink, a wide tooth comb or a detangle brush, a bottle of shampoo, and conditioner.
- When shampooing hair in a sink or bowl, add a small amount of shampoo to cold water. Turn wig inside out and immerse. Gently run your fingers throw repeat that 2-3 times. Then add conditioner let soak for approximately 10-25 min.
- Use Lukewarm water and rise from roots to ends.
- After towel blotting, shake out and let drip dry. Curly hair let dry upside down on a towel.
- Stlye your unit when damp. Do not comb excessively.
- Always let your unit dry over night or use a blow dryer and round brush on low/cool. Do not blow dry the roots near the cap are lace it will burn the lace.
- For Wigs with tight curls. Do not brush are comb with small tooth combs, use your fingers or wide tooth comb and gently remove tangles.
- Long hair should be braided in a few section for sleeping or swimming to prevent tangling of the hair.
- To move the parting when ready to switch up your style you will need setting foam lotion from your local beauty store are Sally's to mold down your part in place and baby hairs. Any kind of setting foam lotion are good. Sit the unit under the dryer are let it sit over night to let mold into place.
Lace Closure maintance : Due to delicacy of lace closures it is very important to handle your lace closures with care. Act as if the closure was your natural scalp. Improper care of your closure can cause balding or tears and holes etc by, excessive tugging/pulling, roughness, combing/brushing excessively, or applying products such as grease or oil directly on base of closure.
You must comb your closure starting from ends working your way tort/base. This eliminates less tension, balding, rips, tears or holes to lace closure.
How to achieve a glue-less wig and still have your fleecy baby hair?
"It's simple" (Elastic band & Measuring tape)
You can find elastic bands and measuring tape at your local arts and craft store.
All you have to do is... Measure your head from ear to ear. Whatever your measurements are cut the band 2in shorter. The tighter the band the flatter your closure will lay.
All you do is hand sew the band end to both ends of your closure.
Then use setting foam lotion or gel, to lay your baby hairs to perfection. “Make sure it is not to tight don't want a headache”.
YouTube have many different tutorials and different methods on instruction for wig slaying. Maybe, you would just prefer your stylist to apply your unit for you no problem.!